How to add an ePub to an iPad
Although the iPad is a tablet (and not an eReader), it has quickly become one of the most popular platforms for reading eBooks since its introduction in 2010. If you purchased your iPad before September 2014 (when iBooks became part of OS 8) you may have to install iBooks (or another app of your choosing) from the App Store, which allows you to access and read eBooks. For more info about reading appa, check out these recommendations here and here. Below are multiple ways you can upload our ePubs into your iPad device.
How to upload ePubs to iPad using iTunes and iBooks app
iBooks supports the ePub file format. iBooks Author books are supported in iBooks 2.0 or later on iPad only and on all versions of iBooks for Mac. They are not supported on iPhone and iPod touch. If you want to add ePubs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks, they need to be DRM-free. (2LP ePub are DRM-free) You can sync them using iTunes 10.5.3 or later.
Add ePubs that you download from other websites to your iTunes library on your computer
- Open iTunes or the iBooks app.
- Choose File > Add to Library.
- Navigate to the file you want to add
- Click Add.
Add ePubs that you download from other websites to your iTunes library on your computer from your iOS device
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iOS device.
- From the menu bar, click File > Devices > Transfer Purchases.
- Please note, ePubs will only transfer once. After that, you must download them directly from the website to your computer.
Add ePubs that you download from other websites to iBooks on your iOS device
- Scroll to the top of a PDF on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Tap “Open in iBooks.” The PDF is added to your iBooks library.
How to add epub to your iPad without iTunes
- Open your mail client or email provider’s website and compose a new message. Now attach the ePub to the email.
- Send the email to any of the account that is added in iOS’s stock mail application. This also works with any third party iOS mail client.
- Now open the mail app and then tap on the icon of the attachment to download it. Once it is downloaded tap on it to open. Next tap on the ‘Share’ button to reveal iOS’s share menu.
- From the menu tap on the ‘Open in iBooks’ option. This will redirect you to the iBooks app where you can view the ePub. Now just tap on the ‘Library’ button and you will see that your desired ePub is added to iBooks library.
Enjoy your ebook!
2LP BOOKSHOP does not provide customer service on how to install, upload or transfer books on your tablets, cell phones and eReaders. We recommend that you consult with the customer service associated with your device if you require additional help.