How to add an ePub to a Nook eReader/Tablet
Barnes & Noble makes it very difficult to find up-to-date information on how to upload ePubs onto their Nook Readers. We hope you find this information helpful.
In order to load an ePub you have purchased from a source other than Barnes & Noble onto your Nook eReader, you will need to sideload it. Sideloading is simply a fancy term for copying an eBook file from your computer or email account onto your eReader. Here are two methods for sideloading an ePub onto your Nook:
- Save the ePub file you have purchased to a folder on your computer (perhaps to your desktop or in a folder called “eBooks”).
- Connect the Nook to your computer with the included USB cable.
- Open “My Computer” on Windows or look at the desktop on your Mac. Nook will show as a drive where the hard drive and other USB drives show. Double-click on the Nook drive to open it.
- In another window, open the folder where you saved the ePub file you want to load onto your Nook. Now drag & drop the ePub file(s) from your computer to the root of the Nook, or to the “My Documents” folder.
- After the files are finished transferring to the Nook and before you unplug the USB cable, you must eject the device from the computer. Removing the USB cable before doing this can potentially damage your eBooks and/or the Nook. Simply right-click on the Nook drive and select the undock, eject, or unmount option.
Download EPUB books to the Nook HD and HD+
If you happen to have a Nook HD then you can use the built-in web browser to visit the epubBooks.com website and download directly to you Nook – no cables and no computer necessary.
Enjoy your eBook!
2LP BOOKSHOP does not provide customer service on how to install, upload or transfer books onto your tablets, cell phones and eReaders. We recommend that you consult with the customer service associated with your device if you require additional help.